In February 2015, UNICEF and David Beckham OBE launched 7: The David Beckham UNICEF Fund to mark David's tenth year as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
The 7 Fund is a unique partnership, with the goal of helping the world’s most vulnerable and disadvantaged children reach their full potential. We are working together to transform the lives of children affected by extreme poverty, discrimination, exploitation or violence.
The money raised through the 7 Fund goes to a range of UNICEF programmes around the world where funding is critically low and where children are most at risk.
Here are some examples of how the 7 Fund is helping to transform children’s lives:
- In Honduras 22,000 children have been protected from violence in schools.
- In Djibouti 400,000 children have been vaccinated against polio.
- In Swaziland we funded 27% of UNICEF’s HIV budget.
- In Bangladesh 300,000 of the most disadvantaged children have benefited from pre-school education.
- In Burkina Faso we’ve helped 15,000 children access clean drinking water.
- In Cambodia 14,500 children have been protected from potential violence and abuse.
- In Papua New Guinea 20,000 malnourished children received vital nutrients.
- In Central and Eastern Europe over a million people have been reached via an innovative communications campaign to combat discrimination against children with disabilities and ethnic minorities.
WANT TO HELP 7?
Donations accepted in GBP £, USD $ and Euro. To donate to your local Unicef, visit www.support.unicef.org/7.